After months of preparation and organizing, we can finally announce that we have been officially accepted into the AppCampus program!
I’m nearing the end of a Windows Phone 7.1 app that I’m writing. It’s a TV-related app and as such has a lot of images – so keeping RAM usage down is really important.
Visual Studio has a pretty awesome performance profiler for WP apps, and I suggest you use it frequently. So while checking my app’s memory usage I noticed something very worrying. Around startup the usage was ramping up to over 250MB- that’s massive for a phone app, and is waaaay over the 90MB limit to pass certification.
The last time I touched my Netduino was about 5 months ago (due to work-load), around the time of my wedding to make the wedding tank. So this weekend I decided to dust it off and introduce it to my Lumia 920.
Disclosure: I didn’t actually dust it off.
They are now lovers.