Over the past few years you might have noticed a bunch of great promotions that Nokia and Microsoft have run to help get developers up and running on the platform. However, it sometimes seems like they don’t know South Africa exists 🙁
Lance McCarthy is currently giving out Nokia Premium Developer Program tokens to people about to publish apps, but this is restricted to US and Canada. But because he is a really decent guy (and knows geography) he got the Nokia Champion program to hook me up with keys for South Africa (rejoice!).
So I am giving away Nokia Premium Developer Program keys!
- You need to live in South Africa.
- You need to have an app that is ready to be published, or almost ready, and be willing to send me the XAP to test out (I just need to see that you aren’t making crappy fart apps – I won’t share anything, promise!).
- If you already have a dev center account you can use the key to extend your membership.
What do you get?
Well, it’s basically $1500 (~R15 000) of free stuff per token!
- One year subscription to the Windows Phone Dev center which allows you to publish free or paid apps to the store, and unlock your device to side-load apps.
- A Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone license which gives you a large range of controls that I regularly use to impress clients without doing any work (but shhh!)
- Buddy.com cloud API account with unlimited API calls and 5GB storage. You can use this to power your apps with the clouds!
- Two tickets for help from the Nokia support team. This means that if you ever get really stuck, these guys will bail you out ASAP.
These keys expire at the end of October, so hurry!
How do I get it then?
Email me: matt[at]roguecode.co.za. These keys are limited, and I will hand them out on a first come first serve basis.
If you have a quick question, rather ask me in the comments below or @roguecode.